Position: Solar Apprentice Installer
Location: Kailua, HI
About Enable Energy, Inc.: Enable Energy, a part of the BayWa r.e group of companies, believes renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. We are an EPC contractor providing our customers with development, engineering, construction and operations services in the development of leading solar and storage energy solutions. Responsible for more than 500 MWs of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial, and residential markets and a growing project pipeline, we are proud to be a part of the energy future. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and creative employees to join our team. Our primary office locations are Sacramento, CA and Honolulu, HI.
About BayWa: At BayWa r.e., we’re striving to make energy better every day. We do this by not only implementing the best renewable technologies and projects but by also being a great long-term energy partner with a focus on continuous innovation. We are a leading global renewable energy developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider. As a global leader, BayWa r.e. is committed to being a solid partner for the long-run and actively shaping the future of energy.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Solar Apprentice Installer that must performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
- Perform work, as directed by the Team Lead, to complete the assembly and installation of roof and ground mount solar array racking, including properly sealing all roof penetrations, and installation of all related mounting equipment, etc.
- Perform work, as directed by the Team Lead, to complete general construction duties including, but not limited to, measuring, use of hand tools, roofing, leveling, trenching, concrete and landscaping
- Assist all teammates with their duties, based on individual skills and qualifications and as directed by the Team Lead
- Assist, only when and as directed by the Team Lead, in the performance of electrical work necessary to connect system to the grid including proper wire crimping, inverter stringing and installing home runs, low voltage installation, combiner box wiring and wire management.
- Perform work, as directed by the Team Lead, to diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues.
- Perform work, as directed by the Team Lead, to identify and diagnose problems and communicate issues and solutions to the Team Lead during the construction process.
- Assist with site evaluations and warehouse and inventory management as requested.
- Maintain safety training related to the installation of electrical systems and basic CPR and First Aid
- Comply with Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and all Company and OSHA safety requirements, policies and training, including the proper use of personal protection equipment(PPE), ladders and scaffolding.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures as set forth in an Employee Handbook or otherwise published by Company from time to time.
- Comply with the terms of the Employee Confidentiality, Non-Compete, And Invention Assignment Agreement executed by Employee.
- One plus (1+) years experience in photovoltaic installation
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
- Proficiency with smart phone applications and digital cameras
- Basic computer skills including the ability to copy files and communicate via email
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record, and drug screen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)