Location: Waikoloa, HI
About Enable Energy, Inc.: Enable Energy, a part of the BayWa r.e group of companies, believes renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. We are an EPC contractor providing our customers with development, engineering, construction and operations services in the development of leading solar and storage energy solutions. Responsible for more than 500 MWs of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial, and residential markets and a growing project pipeline, we are proud to be a part of the energy future. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and creative employees to join our team. Our primary office locations are Sacramento, CA and Honolulu, HI.
About BayWa: At BayWa r.e.: We’re striving to make energy better every day. We do this by not only implementing the best renewable technologies and projects but by also being a great long-term energy partner with a focus on continuous innovation. We are a leading global renewable energy developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider. As a global leader, BayWa r.e. is committed to being a solid partner for the long-run and actively shaping the future of energy.
- Oversee and manage the on-site health and safety of all Company employees, work sites and vendors.
- Enforce all on-site safety training and program for the Company.
- Maintain appropriate OSHA, HIOSHA and other applicable jurisdictionally required safety processes, policies and procedures, certifications, reporting requirements on site.
- Under the guidance from Safety Director, enforce occupational health policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations at the jobsite.
- Under the guidance from Safety Director, ensure a safe on-site workplace by conducting programs for orientations, skill training, proper job instruction, hazardous materials handling, and the use of protective equipment.
- Review daily safety reports, accident and incident reports, and other job site reports and maintain record of project incident and severity rates and total project hours.
- Implement initiatives on-site to reduce and prevent accidents, occupational illnesses, and exposure to long-term health hazards.
- Represent the Company and employee interest in any safety or loss control investigations.
- Provide technical and administrative support for effective safety management on site.
- Review safety training available in the Company’s Learning Management System (LMS) and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Purchase, maintain, coordinate, and make cost effective use of safety resources.
- Conduct regular safety inspections and audits onsite to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Participate in establishment of subcontractor safety requirements.
- Manage Company tool and PPE programs onsite. Ensure compliance with OEM requirements, complete regular inspections for safety and quality, where applicable, complete safety certifications (i.e. fall protection), track tools and PPE to ensure Company assets are protected.
- Perform other safety-related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health, or related field required.
- 4+ years of occupations health and safety experience in an industrial environment such as construction or renewable industry.
- Extensive knowledge of current company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Must have ability to conduct training.
- Must have strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Must be highly motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work both with a team and independently.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must excel with multi-tasking, problem-solving, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings