Position: Site Auditor
Location: Kailua, HI
About Enable Energy, Inc.: Enable Energy, a part of the BayWa r.e group of companies, believes renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. We are an EPC contractor providing our customers with development, engineering, construction and operations services in the development of leading solar and storage energy solutions. Responsible for more than 500 MWs of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial, and residential markets and a growing project pipeline, we are proud to be a part of the energy future. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and creative employees to join our team. Our primary office locations are Sacramento, CA and Honolulu, HI.
About BayWa: At BayWa r.e., we’re striving to make energy better every day. We do this by not only implementing the best renewable technologies and projects but by also being a great long-term energy partner with a focus on continuous innovation. We are a leading global renewable energy developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider. As a global leader, BayWa r.e. is committed to being a solid partner for the long-run and actively shaping the future of energy.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Site Auditor that must performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
- Read and comprehend building plans to effectively provide information for the design of electrical installations that are mechanically excellent, of the highest workmanship, aesthetically pleasing, and optimally functional
- Follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone application.
- Meet with customers to obtain information necessary to complete technical design documents for a photovoltaic system.
- Conduct a physical site audit using variety of company provided tools and equipment including tablet PC, Solmetric equipment, a digital camera, measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, personal protective equipment, and other related equipment.
- Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and a smart phone application.
- Fill out, by hand, paper site surveying sheets needed by the Operations Department to produce permit-ready documents.
- Upload information to the Operations system using a company provided equipment.
- Attain all necessary certifications for safety and equipment operation as necessary to complete work
- Three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; site surveying experience is preferred; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred; energy efficiency is preferred
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans and specifications; ability to stay organized and maintain project records.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare site audit documents and conduct site audit meetings with customers.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills are required in order to communicate with the customer and coworkers
- Excellent written communication skills are required in order to prepare hand written site surveying documents
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals with or without the use of an electronic device
- Proficiency with smart phone applications and digital cameras
- Basic computer skills including the ability to copy files and communicate via email
- The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets
- An understanding of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)