Location: Kailua, HI
About Enable Energy, Inc.: Enable Energy, a part of the BayWa r.e group of companies, believes renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. We are an EPC contractor providing our customers with development, engineering, construction and operations services in the development of leading solar and storage energy solutions. Responsible for more than 500 MWs of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial, and residential markets and a growing project pipeline, we are proud to be a part of the energy future. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and creative employees to join our team. Our primary office locations are Sacramento, CA and Honolulu, HI.
About BayWa: At BayWa r.e.: We’re striving to make energy better every day. We do this by not only implementing the best renewable technologies and projects but by also being a great long-term energy partner with a focus on continuous innovation. We are a leading global renewable energy developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider. As a global leader, BayWa r.e. is committed to being a solid partner for the long-run and actively shaping the future of energy.
- Be part of the management team leading the daily activities of the commercial operations team in the Hawaii office
- Oversee and provide leadership to the residential installation crews
- Provide overall management and responsibility for the successful execution of Hawaii construction projects and pre-construction phase for the Company
- Recruit, deploy, develop, manage and maintain the Hawaii field staff as directed by Company
- Prepare crew schedules, manage crews, deploy crews to specific projects
- Work closely with the Project Management team to ensure the efficient execution of the construction schedule
- Schedule, communicate and coordinate with project management staff and customer field representatives for start date, deliveries and construction progress
- Set the sequence and assignment of work to minimize exposure to job site safety risks and to keep the installation on budget and on time
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the execution of the work: labor, material, schedule delays and any additional mobilization(s)
- Translate, interpret, and ensure adherence of installation to the design and construction drawings, specifications and manufacturers recommendations
- Utilize construction related software or other related software to manage budgets, schedules & project documentation
- Visit all commercial projects in progress as necessary to meet deadlines
- Provide status updates (reports) on active construction projects as needed
- Prepare, monitor and report budget variances and forecast ultimate costs of the project(s) at all times
- Interface with Public/Private Utility Companies for the design, contract and execution of projects
- Quickly and accurately handle required administrative duties including, but not limited to: training documentation, inspection documentation, project documentation completion
- Ensure all necessary paperwork for materials and equipment delivery is provided to management
- Review of self-perform crews payroll and timely submission to department manager for approval
- Deliver the project to Company’s Asset Management team
- Support Company’s Safety director by ensuring field staff has completed all Company on-boarding safety training in accordance with Company guidelines
- Ensure staff is providing required daily reports, JHA, tailgate meetings, etc.
- Conduct quality control and safety inspections providing feedback to the construction staff
- Ensure all Company personnel, subcontractors and others under Employee’s supervision have been informed of and comply with Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and all Company and OSHA safety requirements, policies and training, including the proper use of personal protection equipment (PPE), ladders and scaffolding
Desired Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- 8+ years of construction experience including 5 years of construction crew management experience, preferably in renewable energy projects, is required.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Ability to determine work priorities and review work for quality and production standards.
- Must be highly motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work both with a team and independently.
- Must excel in customer service and data analysis.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must excel with multi-tasking, problem-solving, written, and communication skills.