Position: Project Manager
Location: Honolulu, HI
Enable Energy, Inc. was founded on the vision and belief that renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. Our leadership team has started, run or helped build many of the leading technology and project development companies in the renewable power industry. The Enable Energy team has more than 100 years of combined renewable experience and is responsible for more than 1 gigawatt of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial and residential markets. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated and creative employees to join our team.
The Project Manageris responsible for coordination and completion of all projects within budget and scope. They will oversee all aspects of the project, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Project Manager that must performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
- Provide leadership to projects that are pre-construction and under construction.
- Provide overall management and assume responsibility for the successful execution of construction projects for the Company.
- Read and interpret Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Landscape drawings.
- Read and interpret geotechnical, environmental, and other associated consultant reports that are necessary to build projects.
- Utilize construction related software or other related software to manage budgets, schedules & project documentation.
- Work on concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Develop complete scopes of work for new project developments as well as rehabilitation of existing properties.
- Perform site evaluations, preparing detailed notes and documentation of site conditions for design and engineering, communications to sales and customers, project files and internal reporting.
- Assemble detailed bid analysis to be used in establishing contract values and billing documentation for the project. Work directly with sales and accounting to develop billing documents, which will support new sales.
- Input detailed bid analysis into project budgets. Prepare and manage project budgets.
- Negotiate all subcontractor agreements and all material purchases. Have knowledge of standard contracting practices and the ability to understand, write and negotiate standard contract language.
- Prepare, monitor and report monthly budget variances and forecast ultimate costs of the project(s) at all times.
- Ensure subcontractor adherence to contract specifications. Develop, communicate and implement subcontractor performance expectations.
- Initiate, prepare, process and review Requests for Information as required by the project.
- Prepare, process and pursue customer change order requests.
- Provide input and direction to the design team during the design and development of project construction documents. Perform detailed review and “back-check” of documents for compliance with Company standards.
- Interface with Public/Private Utility Companies for the design, contract and execution of projects.
- Interface with municipal officials regarding plan submittals, plan checks, processing and the acquisition of all required permits for the project.
- Hold weekly construction meetings with clients by phone and or in person.
- Manage the approval of material submittals for the project. Assemble, collate and process material submissions to project consultants as well as internal departments within Company. Follow submittal protocol. Maintain project documentation throughout the course of the project. Prepare project completion materials for Company and customers.
- Ensure safety procedures and safety meetings occur and are documented.
- Oversee project commissioning and final reporting.
- Deliver the project to Company’s Asset Management team.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Maintain proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and project management tools (MS Project).
- Politely, effectively and succinctly communicate with customers, vendors, agencies and co-workers.
- Perform other general support duties as assigned by Employee’s supervisor.
- Perform all work on company provided or approved software and hardware.
- Comply with Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and all Company and OSHA safety requirements, policies and training, including the proper use of personal protection equipment(PPE), ladders and scaffolding.
- Comply with all Company policiesand procedures as set forth in an Employee Handbook or otherwise published by Company from time to time.
- Comply with the terms of the Employee Confidentiality, Non-Compete, And Invention Assignment Agreement executed by Employee.
- Familiarity with the building/construction trades.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- OSHA 30 Training preferred.
- NABCEP PV or Thermal Certification preferred.
- Proficient with computers, reading blue prints, plans and specs.
- Experience implementing quality control/quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrated Safe Working Practices and knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Understanding of construction math.
- Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget.
- Ability to analyze project scenarios and implement site-specific design modifications.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail with a commitment to quality workmanship.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record, and drug screen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits:Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)