Position: Payroll Clerk
Location: Sacramento, CA
Enable Energy, Inc. was founded on the vision and belief that renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. Our leadership team has started, run or helped build many of the leading technology and project development companies in the renewable power industry. The Enable Energy team has more than 100 years of combined renewable experience and is responsible for more than 1 gigawatt of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial and residential markets. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated and creative employees to join our team.
The Payroll Clerk will work closely with, and support accounting, to make sure payroll checks and other accounting activities are completed with discretion, accuracy, and timeliness.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Payroll Clerk that must performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
• Collect, confirm and process time sheets, overtime, and payroll checks.
• Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data on payroll software systems.
• Prepare and process all transactions with accuracy and high attention to detail.
• Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures and, if necessary, proposing suggested changes.
• Verify taxes and other deductions as well as prepare periodic tax reports.
• Assist in preparing reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and nontaxable wages.
• Calculates and inputs commissions and bonuses.
• Facilitate complaints or questions regarding discrepancies.
• Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
• Process, administer and reconcile employee expense reports and credit cards
• Sort, code and enter accounts receivable data, analyze discrepancies and manage customer receivables.
• Update, verify and maintain accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
• Resolve collections by examining client terms, payment plans, payment history, credit line.
• Monitors clients’ accounts for errors and reconciles differences through follow-up with the clients and/or other employees.
• Maintains and processes client files while setting up new clients.
• Maintain both paper and electronic files
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
• 2+ years of experience as a payroll clerk.
• Proficient with Prevailing Wage payroll
• Knowledge of Foundation accounting software desirable
• Proficient with MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Solid data entry and numerical skills accompanied by an understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and requirements.
Benefits:Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)