Position: Journeyman Electrician
Location: Honolulu, HI
Enable Energy, Inc. was founded on the vision and belief that renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. Our leadership team has started, run or helped build many of the leading technology and project development companies in the renewable power industry. The Enable Energy team has more than 100 years of combined renewable experience and is responsible for more than 1 gigawatt of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial and residential markets. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated and creative employees to join our team.
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures and control equipment, as well as supervising and training electrician assistants on the job.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Journeyman Electrician that must be performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
- Comply with Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and all Company and OSHA safety requirements, policies and training, including the proper use of personal protection equipment (PPE), ladders and scaffolding
- Communicate effectively, politely, and professionally with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public when representing Company
- Read & comprehend building plans to effectively build systems that are mechanically excellent, of the highest workmanship, aesthetically pleasing, and optimally functional
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and perform all work in accordance with NEC, Building Codes and applicable jurisdictional codes and standards and with the highest level or workmanship
- Hold and maintain a State of Hawaii Journeyman Electrician’s card or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Solid working knowledge of commercial and residential electrical systems
- Work independently or as part of a team to install, inspect, maintain and repair solar systems
- Perform all aspects of service work including: creating and maintaining schedules, prompt and punctual arrival at jobs, accurate assessment of systems and field conditions, preparation of estimates of cost and timelines for
completion of work prior to commencing work, providing prompt and complete notifications and communication to clients and supervisors of any issues, and receiving approval of work from Asset Management prior to leaving the job site
- Perform all electrical work necessary to connect system to the grid including proper wire crimping, inverter stringing and installing home runs, low voltage installation, combiner box wiring and wire management
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and residential systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and residential electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, and compliant with all codes and requirements
- Identify problems and communicate issues and solutions to the project manager during the construction process
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the performance characteristics of various components of a solar system and how they interrelate to field construction execution
- Perform other general support duties as assigned by Employee’s supervisor
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Maintain vehicle stock of common materials, report accurately the vehicle stock materials used for a job, and ensure all tools and equipment are functioning properly at the beginning of each shift.
- Maintain safety training related to installation of electrical systems and basic CPR and First Aid
- Prepare and issue accurate, detailed and prompt reports may which include but are not limited to: Daily Reports, Weekly Reports, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Master Weekly Report and tailgate meetings
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- Maintain proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and project management tools (MS Project).
- Politely, effectively and succinctly communicate with customers, vendors, agencies and co-workers.
- Perform other general support duties as assigned by Employee’s supervisor.
- Perform all work on company provided or approved software and hardware.
- Comply with Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and all Company and OSHA safety requirements, policies and training, including the proper use of personal protection equipment(PPE), ladders and scaffolding.
- Comply with all Company policiesand procedures as set forth in an Employee Handbook or otherwise published by Company from time to time.
- Comply with the terms of the Employee Confidentiality, Non-Compete, And Invention Assignment Agreement executed by Employee.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Familiarity with the building/construction trades.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- OSHA 30 Training preferred.
- NABCEP PV or Thermal Certification preferred.
- Proficient with computers, reading blue prints, plans and specs.
- Experience implementing quality control/quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrated Safe Working Practices and knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Understanding of construction math.
- Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget.
- Ability to analyze project scenarios and implement site-specific design modifications.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate employees.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail with a commitment to quality workmanship.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record, and drug screen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits:Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)