Position: Crew Lead / Foreman
Location: Sacramento, HI
About Enable Energy, Inc.: Enable Energy, a part of the BayWa r.e group of companies, believes renewable energy has the power to fundamentally change the world, while providing significant economic benefit to our customers. We are an EPC contractor providing our customers with development, engineering, construction and operations services in the development of leading solar and storage energy solutions. Responsible for more than 500 MWs of installed solar PV projects in utility, commercial, and residential markets and a growing project pipeline, we are proud to be a part of the energy future. We are looking for energetic, self-motivated, and creative employees to join our team. Our primary office locations are Sacramento, CA and Honolulu, HI.
About BayWa: At BayWa r.e., we’re striving to make energy better every day. We do this by not only implementing the best renewable technologies and projects but by also being a great long-term energy partner with a focus on continuous innovation. We are a leading global renewable energy developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider. As a global leader, BayWa r.e. is committed to being a solid partner for the long-run and actively shaping the future of energy.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities of a Crew Lead / Foreman that must performed, when applicable, and which may be modified or expanded by Company from time to time with reasonable advance notice to Employee:
- Proficiently read and comprehend building plans to effectively build electrical installations that are mechanically excellent, of the highest workmanship, aesthetically pleasing, and optimally functional
- Review project plans and drawings and confirm all equipment and material needed
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the performance characteristics of various components of a solar system and how they interrelate to field construction execution.
- Collaborate with design teams and inventory managers to track, effectively use, and strategically purchase inventory to maintain target inventory levels
- Manage and supervise installation crew members to assess job sites and complete projects within scheduled time frame following established policies and procedures.
- Emphasize the highest level of quality assurance and adherence to safety standards and regulations
- Assess problems and implement solutions during the construction process.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions and operational issues
- Mentor and train team members to assess problems, implement solutions, and diagnose and troubleshoot system malfunctions
- Communicate issues and solutions to supervisor.
- Perform and actively manage the team in the assembly and installation of roof and ground mount solar arrays racking, including properly sealing all roof penetrations, and installing all related mounting and generation equipment etc.
- Assist, only when and as directed by the team Journeyman Electrician, in the performance of electrical work necessary to connect system to the grid including proper wire crimping, inverter stringing and installing home runs, low voltage installation, combiner box wiring and wire management.
- Perform and actively manage the team in general construction duties including measuring, use of hand tools, roofing, leveling, trenching, concrete and landscaping.
- 5+ years experience in leading construction crews; photovoltaic installation experience is preferred
- High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences
- Ability to understand, read, and comprehend contract documents, plans and specifications; ability to stay organized and maintain project records.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with smart phone applications and digital cameras
- Basic computer skills including the ability to copy files and communicate via email
- The ability to read plans, specifications, diagrams, equipment submittals, and material data sheets
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold weather, heat or cold in homes and attics)
- Must be willing and able to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops and in attics of multi-level buildings
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record, and drug screen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, 401(k)